Leukaemia Foundation online support groups
These free online groups run by the Leukaemia Foundation are a wonderful source of support and sharing of knowledge.
Topics vary each month and the Leukaemia Foundation usually runs groups such as:
- a general blood cancer group (daytime and evening)
- a mens’ group
Numbers are limited so it’s important to register early.
The topic for May is Living with uncertainty
‘Many aspects of a blood cancer diagnosis can put us in a state of ‘not knowing’ or being unsure about the future. This can lead to feelings of stress, anxiety and helplessness. However, uncertainty is an unavoidable part of life. In this group we will discuss how uncertainty shows up in our lives and share strategies on how to cope with uncertainty in healthy ways.’
Dates are as follows:
|11 May 2023||10.30am-12.00pm||Living with uncertainty||Blood cancer patients|
|25 May 2023||6.30pm-8.00pm||Living with uncertainty||Blood cancer patients|
Group sizes are limited so registration is essential.
Group time is quoted in NSW / ACT / VIC / TAS / QLD TIME, please check below for start time in your state:
Things you need to know to participate:
- You must be 18 years or older and have a blood cancer diagnosis or be the carer or support person of someone with that diagnosis.
- Support groups close 15 minutes after start time. If you arrive after this, you’ll be unable to join.
- We ask you abide by the principles of privacy, confidentiality and respect.
- If you don’t receive a confirmation email of your registration, please check your junk or spam folders.
- If you have trouble joining the meeting, this instructional video may help – Joining a Zoom meeting.