Leukaemia Foundation online support groups
These free online groups are for blood cancer patients and are run by the Leukaemia Foundation. They are a wonderful source of support and sharing of knowledge.
Topics vary each month and the Leukaemia Foundation usually runs groups such as:
- a general blood cancer group (daytime and evening)
- a mens’ group
Numbers are limited so it’s important to register early.
The topic for August is Self care
“The diagnosis of blood cancer is ‘a marathon, not a sprint’. Taking care of ourselves & others is a key ingredient in how one paces themselves for this ‘marathon’. We will explore some of the barriers in life that stop us from taking care of ourselves, as well as discuss the benefits & explore different ways to take on self-care in our daily lives.”
Dates are as follows:
|29 August 2023||11.00-12.30||Self care||Men’s group|
Group sizes are limited so registration is essential.
Group time is quoted in NSW / ACT / VIC / TAS / QLD TIME, please check for start time in your state.
Things you need to know to participate:
- You must be 18 years or older and have a blood cancer diagnosis or be the carer or support person of someone with that diagnosis.
- Support groups close 15 minutes after start time. If you arrive after this, you’ll be unable to join.
- We ask you abide by the principles of privacy, confidentiality and respect.
- If you don’t receive a confirmation email of your registration, please check your junk or spam folders.
- If you have trouble joining the meeting, this instructional video may help – Joining a Zoom meeting.