Leukaemia Foundation online support groups
These free online groups run by the Leukaemia Foundation are a wonderful source of support and sharing of knowledge.
Topics vary each month and the Leukaemia Foundation usually runs groups such as:
- a general blood cancer group (daytime and evening)
- a mens’ group
Numbers are limited so it’s important to register early.
The topic for June is Self advocacy
‘Self-advocacy means taking an active role in your health care which requires understanding your own needs and communicating these needs with others. This can be challenging while living with blood cancer. In this group, we will discuss the importance of self-advocacy in feeling heard and having your needs met. The aim of this group is to share personal experience and to provide strategies to enable you to be more confident in being ”your own best advocate.’
Dates are as follows:
|27 June||7.00-8.30pm||Self advocacy||Blood cancer patients|
Group sizes are limited so registration is essential.
Support group time is quoted in NSW / ACT / VIC / TAS / QLD time
SA, NT will be half an hour earlier
WA will be two hours earlier
Things you need to know to participate:
- You must be 18 years or older and have a blood cancer diagnosis or be the carer or support person of someone with that diagnosis.
- Support groups close 15 minutes after start time. If you arrive after this, you’ll be unable to join.
- We ask you abide by the principles of privacy, confidentiality and respect.
- If you don’t receive a confirmation email of your registration, please check your junk or spam folders.
- If you have trouble joining the meeting, this instructional video may help – Joining a Zoom meeting.