The MPN AA is also pleased to recommend the following Australian organisations and support groups patients can reach out to.
VISIT: Australian/NZ Support Groups
Within Australia and New Zealand, the following organisations and support groups provide MPN support to the MPN Community:
- Leukaemia Foundation
- Closed Facebook group – MPN Australian & NZ Myeloproliferative Neoplasm Support Community
- MPD-oz Email Support Group (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- MPN AA Facebook Page
- Leukaemia and Blood Cancer New Zealand
VISIT: International Organisations
There are several international organisations, which have and continue to provide a wealth of MPN information, often with video presentations from MPN experts, to MPN patients and their families.
The MPN AA recommends the following sites:
- MPN Advocacy & Education International – dedicated to providing knowledge, support, and resources patients will need as they adjust to living with an MPN (includes ‘Women & MPN’ conference videos).
- MPN Education Foundation – hosts MPN conferences with videos available online as well as an email support group (see next entry below)
- MPN-NET: an on-line MPN patient to patient support community
- MPN Research Foundation – goal is to stimulate original research in pursuit of new MPN treatments.
- MPN interferon forum (facebook)
- MPN Voice – (UK site) MPN Voice’s mission is to provide clear and accurate information and emotional support to everyone who has been diagnosed with an MPN and their families/friends.
- MPN Stichting NL – (Dutch language site)
- Patient Power – interviews top MPN medical experts, researchers, dedicated advocates and inspiring, knowledgeable patients.
- PV Reporter – created to provide “easy access” to pertinent information on MPNs.
VISIT: Other Australian Organisations
- Angel Flight Australia – A charity which co-ordinates non-emergency flights to assist country people to access specialist medical treatment.
- Australian Government – Cancer Australia
- Australian Government – Carer Gateway – National online and phone service providing practical information and resources to support carers.
- Australian Government – Department of Health – Palliative Care and planning for end-of-life care
- Australian Government – Services Australia – Payments for people living with an illness, injury or disability
- Cancer Council
- Chronic Illness Alliance – WorkWelfareWills is a plain English web guide to Victorian legal issues around health and life changes. Laws will be different in other states of Australia.
- Lifeline Australia – Crisis support & suicide prevention
- NDIS – National Disability Insurance Scheme