The MPN AA is also pleased to recommend the following Australian organisations and support groups patients can reach out to.
VISIT: Australian Support Groups
Within Australia, the following organisations and support groups provide MPN support to the MPN Community:
- Leukaemia Foundation
- Leukaemia Foundation Blood Buddies program
- Closed Facebook group – MPN Australian & NZ Myeloproliferative Neoplasm Support Community
- MPD-oz Email Support Group (email@example.com)
- MPN AA Facebook Page
- Closed Facebook group – MPN New Zealand Information and Support
VISIT: Other Australian Organisations
- Angel Flight Australia – A charity which co-ordinates non-emergency flights to assist country people to access specialist medical treatment.
- Australian Government – Cancer Australia
- Australian Government Department of Health – Palliative Care and planning for end-of-life care
- Australian Government Department of Human Services – Payments for people living with an illness, injury or disability
- Cancer Council
- Carer Gateway – National online and phone service providing practical information and resources to support carers and help them connect with local support services.
- Chronic Illness Alliance – WorkWelfareWills is a plain English web guide to Victorian legal issues around health and life changes. Laws will be different in other states of Australia.
- Lifeline Australia – Crisis support & suicide prevention
- NDIS – National Disability Insurance Scheme