These free online groups are for blood cancer patients and are run by the Leukaemia Foundation. They are a wonderful source of support and sharing of knowledge.
October’s mens’ group is covering the topic of Loneliness.
‘Loneliness is not about a lack of people around you nor about solitude and peace of being comfortable with yourself. Loneliness can be described as the feeling of not being seen, heard, understood or valued. A blood cancer / disorder diagnosis can amplify these feelings. The physical and mental health effects of loneliness are significant. In this support group, we will discuss the impact of loneliness on your quality of life and discuss strategies to help feel connected and supported.’
Numbers are limited so it’s important to register early.
|4 October 2023||11.30 -1.00pm||Loneliness|
11.30 – 1.00pm – NSW / VIC / ACT / TAS
Please check the start time for QLD / WA / SA / NT
Things you need to know to participate:
- You must be 18 years or older and have a blood cancer diagnosis or be the carer or support person of someone with that diagnosis.
- Support groups close 15 minutes after start time. If you arrive after this, you’ll be unable to join.
- We ask you abide by the principles of privacy, confidentiality and respect.
- If you don’t receive a confirmation email of your registration, please check your junk or spam folders.
- If you have trouble joining the meeting, this instructional video may help – Joining a Zoom meeting.