Leukaemia Foundation online support groups
These free online groups run by the Leukaemia Foundation are a wonderful source of support and sharing of knowledge.
Topics vary each month and the Leukaemia Foundation usually runs several different groups:
- a general blood cancer group
- a mens’ group
- a young adults’ group
- a carers’ group
Numbers are limited so it’s important to register early.
The topic for April is Self image/self identity
‘Self-identity is a combination of our personality traits, abilities, work, physical attributes, interests and social roles. The emotional and physical changes that come along with a blood cancer / disorder and treatment can change the way we perceive ourselves and how others see us. Join in for a discussion about how blood cancer / disorder impacts our self-identity, and discuss ways to help adjust to these changes..’
Dates are as follows:
|18 April||1.00-2.30pm||Self-image/self-identity||Blood cancer patients|
Group sizes are limited so registration is essential.
Group time is quoted in NSW / ACT / VIC / TAS / QLD TIME, please check below for start time in your state:
Things you need to know to participate:
- You must be 18 years or older and have a blood cancer diagnosis or be the carer or support person of someone with that diagnosis.
- Support groups close 15 minutes after start time. If you arrive after this, you’ll be unable to join.
- We ask you abide by the principles of privacy, confidentiality and respect.
- If you don’t receive a confirmation email of your registration, please check your junk or spam folders.
- If you have trouble joining the meeting, this instructional video may help – Joining a Zoom meeting.