Leukaemia Foundation online support groups
These free online groups are for blood cancer patients and are run by the Leukaemia Foundation. They are a wonderful source of support and sharing of knowledge.
Topics vary each month and the Leukaemia Foundation usually runs groups such as:
- a general blood cancer group (daytime and evening)
- a mens’ group
Numbers are limited so it’s important to register early.
The topic for July is Fear of cancer recurrence (or progression)
“One of the greatest concerns for people living with blood cancer is the worry of blood cancer returning (or in the case of MPN patients the worry of progression). Subsequent feelings of fear, uncertainty and anxiety are very common. For some, these feelings are mild, for others they are significant & may impact on your quality of life. Living with these feelings can be really challenging. In this group, we will have the opportunity to explore these feelings in a safe space, as well as discuss strategies to help manage living with this uncertainty.”
Dates are as follows:
|13 July 2023||6.30pm-8.00pm||Fear of cancer recurrence (or progression)||Blood cancer patients|
|18 July 2023||12.30pm-2.00pm||Fear of cancer recurrence (or progression)||Blood cancer patients|
Group sizes are limited so registration is essential.
Group time is quoted in NSW / ACT / VIC / TAS / QLD TIME, please check below for start time in your state:
Things you need to know to participate:
- You must be 18 years or older and have a blood cancer diagnosis or be the carer or support person of someone with that diagnosis.
- Support groups close 15 minutes after start time. If you arrive after this, you’ll be unable to join.
- We ask you abide by the principles of privacy, confidentiality and respect.
- If you don’t receive a confirmation email of your registration, please check your junk or spam folders.
- If you have trouble joining the meeting, this instructional video may help – Joining a Zoom meeting.