The upcoming support groups for November from the Leukaemia Foundation are discussing ‘Tricky conversations’.
‘Sharing the news of a blood cancer diagnosis can be challenging and confronting. This initial news will be one of many tricky conversations you and those around you will be faced with after a diagnosis. Despite the challenges, there are ways to manage these conversations. Together, the group will discuss participants’ experiences, share strategies to ease the discomfort and build confidence in having these conversations.
These groups are interactive in nature & your participation is highly valued. We encourage cameras to be turned on for the session to create a warm and safe environment for all participants.
Group sizes are limited so registration is essential.
Upcoming groups are as follows:
|14 November||11.30am-1.00pm||Tricky conversations||Blood cancer patients|
|29 November||7.00-8.30pm||Tricky conversations||Blood cancer patients|
Please note that times given are in Australian Eastern Daylight Saving Time. (NSW / VIC / ACT / TAS)
For QLD / NT / SA / WA, please check your time zone for correct start time
Things you need to know to participate:
- You must be 18 years or older and have a blood cancer diagnosis or be the carer or support person of someone with that diagnosis.
- Support groups close 15 minutes after start time. If you arrive after this, you’ll be unable to join.
- We ask you abide by the principles of privacy, confidentiality and respect.
- If you don’t receive a confirmation email of your registration, please check your junk or spam folders.
- If you have trouble joining the meeting, this instructional video may help – Joining a Zoom meeting.